Tuesday, April 29, 2008

post-Austin visit

After so much grumbles on LA I made in my previous post, I, to the least expectation, made good friends with local Application Engineer Rick in Austin. Getting what I had in the Tom Bradley Terminal, you should know how little I would expect from everyone else in the States. Rick, however, changed my biased judgement on this. I had a great time walking down the 6th (not 7th as the internet told me!) in Austin, the The Live Music Capital of the World! It was a rushed trip, as I was only scheduled to stay two days in Austin, including a customer visit which needed some troubleshooting and instrument setup. Nevertheless, it ended up very well thanks to Rick!

Btw, this is what I have from the internet!

Austin was selected as the No. 1 Best Big City in "Best Places to Live" by Money magazine in 2006, and the "Greenest City in America" by MSN. [7][8] Also, according to CNN Headline News and travel and leisure Austin ranks #2 on the list of cities with the best people referring to the personalities and attributes of the citizens.

There must be a reason for everything then.



Lake Travis, from Oasis.


The restaurant owner's mansion


Rick and the chips.



The 6th Street, tonnes of music bars.


The capital building




Somewhere by a river/lake. :D