Wednesday, July 16, 2008

About Bumiputera

- Not defined in Perlembagaan Malaysia
http://cpps.org.my/resource_centre/Perlembagaan_Persekutuan.pdf

After frantically searching through the internet, where otherwise I will catch myself suffocated as the air turned miserably chilly and bitter after the stark confusion arose, I found one of the definition in a government agency website.

- Usage in MARA (funded by Government, of course from tax payers and country's resources)
http://www.mara.gov.my/english/division/BPP/general.htm

Bumiputera, Malaysian citizen: Definition of Bumiputera – If one of the parents is a Malay and practicing Islam or Bumiputera (aborigines/indigenous for Sabah & Sarawak) therefore his/her children are Bumiputeras.

Oh, I see.

A 17yo kid, whose daddy is a Bangladeshi while mummy is Siti Aminah born in Ipoh, is ELIGIBLE

A 17yo kid, whose daddy's and mummy's great grandparents were born in Kuala Lumpur with their offsprings and later generations live(d) and contribute(d) to the economies and human developments of the countries for nearly a century, is NOT ELIGIBLE.

I UNDERSTAND THE DEFINITION; but sadly
I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE INTENTION.