Monday, August 21, 2006

My Ixus II

How long does a Canon Ixus II last, to technically serve as an operating apparatus for locking the present you and what you experience before brewing them into memories for you to reminisce, joyously or sorrowfully?

Mine lasted two years. I don’t know about yours. But I bet the images and memories they brought into being are just undying.

My little companion I bought just before I made my maiden (well, second is probably still way away) trip to the US, dated back to May 2004, was showing symptoms of fatigue when I brought it along to Cambodia. Who wouldn’t be so weary? Making three visits to Las Vegas, three visits to Anaheim’s Disneyland, and three visits to Universal Studio? These, not to mention those 6-flag Marine Park visits, Grand Canyon visits, San Franscisco visits, Yosemite visits, Rohnert Park now-closed Agilent site and Vintage Pointe visits and ONE Death Valley visit (this is the only significant place it went only ONCE in US! J), are definitely a marathon and harsh environmental tests for my beloved photo-capturing buddy!

But it still does goods in some short trips to KL and around Penang. So I don’t think I am going to repair it. I just love it as it is. Although I will be getting a new one, I don’t mind using it yet spending a little extra time warming it up before hand.

It’s just like your memories. The only difference is that you don’t have an option to thrash the latter if they’re so excruciating.


Sometimes something just becomes so a part of yourself that even without looking at them you know how to use them properly.