Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Temasek

Probably there were once white sandy beaches (by this I mean no desperately artificial, pathetically fake and terribly wrong landscaping), giant sea turtles disembarkation (by this I mean no sad turtles in colourful captive), and graceful dolphins teeming (alright, that might be a lil’ bit exaggerated) in the sea (by this I mean no well-trained young dolphins in that man-made pool with spectators anticipating something extra but were disappointed).

I must have been thinking that it was still called Temasek then.

**

I made a short trip to the vibrant city state Singapore and received a very hospitable reception from Ciku and the hubby. An expectedly clean city; very well organized, structured and planned.

We paid a visit to Sentosa Island and played the so-claimed most thrilling game, the Luge.
Conclusion: total dismay. Nevertheless I did enjoy admiring the sea creatures in the aquarium. A little obsessive relaxation since I was small. See these cute lazy JellyFish!

I guess something has just gone missing from this tropical island. Some souls of little foulness, little spontaneous, and little untouched. For beauty of imperfection. Thus it’s definitely not my favourite country. No offense, you are still spearheading in many other areas.




Best picture I can get. Still, busy commercial ships dotting the skyline. And derr.. they're near!


Well-trained! But show wasn't exciting!


Ships attack! And leisurely people? Phuh...



Colourful fishes!


Cool!


Sea Angels


Nemo-nemo


Dory:"Hello....~~~" . Don't try to speak in whale language!


Heavenly or hellish?